Perseid Meteor Shower – viewed from my home, one aspect of my sky view.
Cassiopeia to Capella and as many stars as I could see in between.
53.2000°N, 6.1000°W Bray Co Wicklow Ireland Bortle Dark Scale 4
A composite sketch created between July 28th and August 10th in mixed conditions from my garden.
One observation from Sligo, similar conditions.
My town street lights are partly screened by tall trees , the view to the N / NE and over head was dark. The Double Cluster was visible naked eye and M 31 visible with averted gaze. The Milky Way had visible knotted areas overhead on August 9th and 10th
Some stars are sketched brighter than they appear to stand out for the photograph of the sketch which was too big to scan.
The meteors are as close to what I saw in length and colour as is possible.
Pastel Conte and White Gel Pen on Black Mounting Board
1. July 28th – 00:00 UT White Mag 1 Mostly Cloudy few clear patches
2. July 29th - 23:05 UT Red Mag 2 Part Cloud
3. July 29th - 23 :15 UT Red Mag 2 Part Cloud
4. July 29th - 23 :25 UT Red Mag 2 Part Cloud
5. August 1st 23:20 UT Blue Mag 1 Part Cloud Sligo 54.267 -8.483
6. August 9th 21:50 UT White Mag 2 Clear
7. August 9thth 23:31 UT White Mag 2 Clear
8. August 9thth 23:10 UT White Mag 1 Clear
9. August 9thth 23:15 UT White Mag 1 Clear
10. August 9th 23:40 UT White Mag 2 Clear
11. August 9th 23:35 UT Yellow Mag 2 Clear
12. August 10th 00 :30 UT Yellow Mag 1 Clear
13. August 10th 01:00 UT White Mag 2 Clear
14. August 10th 01:24 UT White Mag 1 Clear
15. August 10th 21:50 UT White Mag 3 Clear
16. August 10th 21: 53 UT White Mag 3 Clear
17. August 10th 22:10 UT White Mag 0 Clear
18. August 10th 22:40 UT White Mag 1 Clear
19. August 10th 23:04 UT White Mag 1 Clear
20. August 10th 23:55 UT White Mag 1 Clear
More about The Perseids http://bit.ly/aAfdcn